- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 18 People
This moist bread is ideal for serving with tea or coffee.
- 3 cups flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/8 cups vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Mix together flour, 2-1/2 cups sugar, eggs, milk and vegetable oil.
- Add poppy seeds, salt, 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla, baking powder and 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract.
- Pour batter into 2 regular size loaf pans that have been greased.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt 3/4 cups sugar, orange juice, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon almond extra and butter.
- Pour over hot bread.