- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Serves 8
Sweetly caramelized carrots and parsnips are a kid-friendly fave that adults certainly won’t turn down. This yummy gem of a side dish can be made up to two days ahead and reheated.
- 1 pound small carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 pound small parsnips, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine carrots, parsnips, water, and orange juice. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender.
- Add butter, agave, and thyme and cook, uncovered, stirring often, until liquid has evaporated and vegetables are glazed. Season with salt and pepper, stirring one last time.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to serve. To reheat, place carrots and parsnips in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until heated through. You can add a bit of water if skillet is dry.