- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
This recipe is from Executive Chef Nick Fawal of Orange Beach, Alabama’s, Ginny Lane Restaurant, part of The Wharf complex. Chef Fawal serves contemporary cuisine with a southern flair at this trendy restaurant where everything's fresh, homemade, and flavorful. There's nice little extra touches here like perfect warm home baked breads served with herbed Parmesan olive oil for dipping.
- 7 shrimp, with tails (26/30 count)
- 2 ounces chopped bacon, raw
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces prepared grits
- 4 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 ounces cream
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 ounce oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet. Add oil, thyme and bacon. When bacon fat has been rendered, add shrimp.
- Sauté for a minute or two then add diced tomatoes and green onions. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until shrimp are cook and sauce is reduced.
- Stir in cream and parsley until combined, remove from heat and stir in butter until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a generous scoop of grits in the middle of a bowl. Ladle the shrimp and sauce over the grits and serve.