- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr 10 min
- Total: 6 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
Delightfully tasty pork roast with pineapple, carrots and water chestnuts over rice.
- 1 (2 pound) boneless pork roast, fat trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3-1/2 tablespoons quick-cookings tapioca
- 3 tablespons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks with juice
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Rice, cooked
- Brown the pork pieces in a skillet and drain.
- Mix together the broth, tapioca, soy sauce, ginger, pineapple juice, carrots and water chestnuts in a greased slow cooker. Chill the pineapple chunks until needed.
- Stir in the pork and cook covered for 6-8 hours on low.
- Stir in the pineapple and cook covered on high for 10 more minutes. Serve over the cooked rice.