- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6
- 1 cup baking mix
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat griddle to medium heat.
- Whisk together baking mix, flax and spices in a bowl with a pour spout.
- Whisk in vanilla, egg and enough milk to form a pourable batter. Use more milk for thinner pancakes and less milk for thicker ones.
- Spray griddle with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter onto griddle in 1/4-cup increments.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until pancake edges are just set and bubbles are bursting on the surface.
- Flip with a spatula and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides.