- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 9-12 People
These spiced muffins make a cozy afternoon breakfast or afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee or cocoa. Can be dusted with powdered sugar prior to serving.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Combine flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- Mix together egg, milk, molasses and butter.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.