- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
These spiced cookies are perfect for sharing with friends and family during the holiday season. If using these cookies to cut into shapes, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/8 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together molasses, brown sugar, water and butter; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon.
- Blend flour combination into molasses mixture; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 3 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Drop by teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.