- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Serves about 5 people
Easy-to-fix and a tangy taste make Ginger-soy Shrimp a great appetizer for any festivities.
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked, medium-sized shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger root, chopped
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of apple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 medium scallions, sliced thinly
- Arrange the shrimp in a 9 x 13-inch pan in a single layer.
- Heat the soy sauce in a small pan until boiling. Stir in the ginger and reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered, until most of the liquid is evaporated (about 5 minutes).
- Pour the cooked mixture over the shrimp. Cover and refrigerate the shrimp for 2 hours or longer.
- Arrange the shrimp on a serving platter and drizzle with the remaining marinade before serving.