- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
The Ginger Smash cocktail gets its name from the muddled mix, or ‘smash’ of fresh pineapple, ginger and sugar used in its blend.
- 1-1/2 ounces rum
- 3/4 ounce Maraschino liqueur
- 3/4 ounce apple liqueur
- 1 barspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 small slices of fresh pineapple
- 2 long, thin slices of fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pineapple leaf to garnish
- Place the pineapple, ginger and the sugar into a cocktail shaker and muddle until the mixture becomes a paste.
- Add the Maraschino, rum, apple liqueur and lime juice to the shaker and then fill halfway with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then pour into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with pineapple leaf and then serve immediately.