- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 8 min
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
Broccoli rabe is a highly nutritious, dark green vegetable with a bitter, spicy taste that is popular in Italian and Chinese cuisine.
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced, peeled, fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light sesame oil
- Salt and crushed red pepper to taste
- Blanch broccoli rabe in salted, boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a skillet and sauté broccoli rabe, ginger, and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated.
- Take skillet off of heat and stir in sesame oil. Season to taste with salt and red pepper.