- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This simple side dish of stir-fried asparagus, fresh ginger root and garlic can be made with either a vegetable or chicken broth base. Serve as an aromatic and colorful accompaniment to grilled fish or roasted chicken.
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 2
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- Place the broth, cornstarch and soy sauce into a small bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended.
- Place the oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the asparagus, ginger and garlic, and then cook the mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth mixture, stir well to combine and then cook until the sauce becomes thick.
- Transfer the stir-fry to a serving dish and garnish with some toasted sesame seeds; serve immediately.