- Prep: 3 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 3 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4-5 servings
Crunchy, ginger salad
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed consomme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash cinnamon
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 6 walnut halves
- 1 (1 pound) can pear halves, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- crisp salad greens
- sour cream
- Mix together consomme, ginger and cinnamon. Heat to a boil. Mix in gelatin, stirring until dissolved. Add water. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Pour a little bit into a 1 quart mold. Place the walnut halves and several pieces of pear on top.
- Mix the remaining pear, celery and walnuts into the remaining gelatin mix. Scoop into mold. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Unmold and serve with salad greens and sour cream.