- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 2 1/2 dozens
Molasses and ginger cookies rolled in sugar.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Coarse white decorating sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease cookie sheets.
- Mix together the flour, ginger, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter and sugars together. Mix in the egg, molasses and vanilla, beating until blended. Beat in the flour mixture.
- Take a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll the ball in the decorating sugar and place on the cookie sheet, two inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 1 minute before moving to a rack.