- Prep: 2 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes 4 Servings
These crunchy winter vegetables are marinated in a fragrant, fresh ginger sauce. Serve them as a side to a sandwich or in salads.
- 1-1/2 cups carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups turnip, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Sprinkle the carrots and the turnips with a few pinches of sea salt, toss to coat and then set aside for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, combine the ginger, rice vinegar, sugar and soy sauce in a large, shallow bowl and whisk vigorously until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Rinse the vegetables well with cool water and then drain. Place into the bowl with the ginger marinade and toss well to combine. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.