- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Makes about 1-1/2 cups
Fresh ginger root and five spice powder creates a wonderfully spicy and fragrant simple syrup recipe for cocktails and beverages.
- 2 cups Water
- 6 ounces Fresh Ginger Root, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Five Spice Powder
- Demerara Sugar
- Place the water, ginger and spice powder into a saucepan over low heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool for 15 minutes before straining into a measuring cup.
- Measure the liquid and add the equal amount in sugar. Stir the mixture until the sugar has completely dissolved.