- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Take your traditional chicken soup and add some Asian ingredients to it, like Udon noodles and ginger, to make this light yet hearty international comfort food.
- 8 ounces udon noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans reduced sodium chicken broth (14-ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound chicken tenders, sliced diagonally 1/2-inch thick
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil, or to taste
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- Cook the udon according to package directions; drain, and rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In the meantime, place the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the mushrooms and a sprinkle of salt and cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Stir in the chicken broth and the ginger and cook for 3 minutes before adding the chicken and cooking at a low simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted, then season with a few sprinkles of salt.
- Stir in the sesame oil and scallions, and then serve the soup immediately ladled over the noodles in bowls.