- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
What makes a Smash cocktail unique is that you don’t simply juice a lemon in advance but actually use the entire lemon in the cocktail to achieve optimum flavor and aroma.
Recipe originally appeared on Summitsips.com, photo by Randy Hanson.
- 1 bunch of fresh, red basil plus 1 leaf to garnish
- 1/2 of a lemon, cut into 4 slices
- 2/3 ounce of simple syrup
- 3 ounces of gin
- Place the basil, lemon and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker and muddle well to get all of the juice out of the lemon slices.
- Fill the shaker with ice and then add the gin.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 45 seconds to combine, and then strain into an ice-filled glass.
- Garnish the drink with the remaining basil leaf and serve immediately.