- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 12
German Chocolate Pound Cake takes a good thing and makes it great!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons each vanilla extract, butter flavoring
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) package German's sweet chocolate
- sifted confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter and sugar together in mixing bowl. Add eggs, flavoring and buttermilk.
- Sift the next 3 dry ingredients together. Add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler. Stir into batter, blending well. Pour into greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1-1/2 hours. Wrap in aluminum foil until cool. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.