- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
Gazpacho is a great summertime soup that is served chilled. This Spanish-inspired soup is great for barbecues or a light lunch.
- 1 slice white bread with crusts removed, and water to soak it in
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of cumin
- 2/3 cup tomato juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (for garnish)
- 1/3 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped (for garnish)
- Soak the bread in just enough cold water to cover it. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes, then mash it with a fork.
- Add the garlic, oil and vinegar to a blender or food processor and puree. Pour the mixture into a bowl and mix in the mashed bread.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, spices and tomato juice. Season and store in the refrigerator. Prepare the garnish and store in separate containers until you're ready to serve.