- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
Oysters are the star ingredient in Gary's Favorite Stuffing.
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1 large can oysters, chopped
- 5 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked giblets, chopped
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon each sage, poultry seasoning
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can mushrooms, chopped
- Saute celery and onion in 3/4 cup butter in large skillet until tender.
- Drain oysters, reserving broth.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup butter, oysters and next 7 ingredients in large bowl, tossing lightly. Add celery and onions, mixing lightly.
- Mix reserved oyster broth with soup in bowl. Fold into bread mixture, mixing thoroughly. Add mushrooms and enough water for desired moisture. Pour into a baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 40 minutes.