- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This delicious Caesar salad made with romaine lettuce is tossed with a garlicky dressing and then garnished with freshly shaved pecorino cheese. Serve with a glass of Chardonnay.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino, plus shaved pecorino to garnish
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 3 chilled large hearts of romaine, about 1 pound leaves left whole
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the romaine in a large salad bowl and set aside.
- Put the mayonnaise into a blender with the grated pecorino, the anchovy, water, vinegar, garlic, Worcestershire and Tabasco. Process the mixture until smooth and then season to taste with a few pinches of salt and white pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the romaine lettuce and then toss to coat. Serve the salad garnished with extra grated cheese.