- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
The combination of grilled steak with asparagus always makes a winning pair.
- 1 12- to 14-oz. boneless beef top loin (strip) steak, cut about 3/4 inch thick
- 2 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked or coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt v
- 10 thin asparagus spears, trimmed (6 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- Prepare the grill on medium heat.
- To prepare ingredients for grilling, rub both sides of the steak with the garlic, pepper, and salt and drizzle the asparagus with the olive oil.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over high heat, add the broth and wine and bring to a boil. Cook the mixture for 5 minutes and then whisk in the Dijon mustard.
- Place the steak onto the grill and cook for about 8 minutes, turning once, for medium-rare doneness.
- Add the asparagus onto the grill during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- Slice the steak and place onto a plate with the asparagus. Spoon the wine sauce over the top and serve.