- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes about 1 cup
Who would have thought that the green shoots that grow out of a garlic bulb would be so delicious! Try them in this simple and vibrant pesto recipe made with toasted almonds.
- 10 garlic scapes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds , lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- Place the garlic scapes, Parmesan cheese, almonds and a few pinches of salt into a food processor, and pulse the mixture to combine.
- With the motor running, slowly pour the oil down the processor shoot and continue to blend the mixture until smooth. Serve immediately.