- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 7
A nice Spring lamb dish
- 1 Australian leg of lamb, boneless
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 18 ounce roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- To make marinade, combine the cayenne, garlic, Kosher salt, 1/2 cup of the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the lemon zest, 1/4 cup of the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of the rosemary. Pour over the lamb. Refrigerate lamb for 24 hours, turning every few hours to coat in marinade.
- Place leg on a preheated grill and cover. After 15 minutes, remove the cover and turn. Cover again. Continue to turn meat every 15 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 140Â°F, about 35-45 minutes.
- To make the roasted red pepper sauce, combine half of the roasted red peppers, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary in a blender. Blend until smooth. Fold in the remaining roasted red pepper. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until needed.
- To serve, slice lamb and place 6 ounces on a plate. Top with 1/4 cup of chunky roasted red pepper sauce.