- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
Garlic Rice is a savory change from boring old white rice.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 2 cups hot beef stock
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Heat butter and oil in saucepan over moderate heat. Add garlic and saute, stirring a few minutes. Add rice and saute, stirring until rice is golden brown. Add vinegar and stock.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes until rice is tender and all liquid is absorbed. Stir in chopped parsley and serve.