- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
Take time to use fresh garlic when making Garlic Pasta with Tomatoes.
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup panko, Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- grated Parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water, 6-7 minutes or until al dente. Drain, then return to pot. Drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat evenly, then set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic, capers and red pepper flakes, then saute for 1 minute.
- Add the breadcrumbs and saute for another minute. Add the pasta and use tongs to toss well to coat with breadcrumb mixture. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl and top with the diced tomatoes. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.