- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This recipe can be made with a purchased roasted chicken, or use leftover chicken or turkey from the night before.
- 6 ounces extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 2-pound purchased roasted chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk or light cream
- 1/2 slice white or wheat bread
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, drain and then place back into the cooking pot.
- In the meantime, remove the meat from the chicken, shred and place in a large saucepan, along with the peas, garlic, and whole milk. Stir to combine over moderate heat until the mixture is hot.
- Place the bread into a food processor and process on high to make breadcrumbs, and then transfer to a small bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Place the chicken mixture into the pot with the noodles and remaining cheese. Toss to combine and cook over moderate heat until mixture is bubbling.
- Transfer the noodle mixture to a large baking dish, or 4 individual casserole dishes. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture in top of the noodle mixture and then place in the oven for about 7 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.