- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4 servings
A classic favorite, garlic roasted potatoes!
- 2 1/4 pounds russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel and cut potatoes into even sized pieces. Add to a large pot of slightly salted water. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until cooked through, roughly 20 minutes.
- Separate but do not peel, garlic cloves. Place in a bowl with olive oil and toss to coat. Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes or until softened. Cool slightly.
- Drain potatoes. Return to the pot and slightly mash. Add in the sour cream and butter. Squeeze in the pulp from the garlic cloves, add in the salt and pepper.
- Mash potatoes until well blended and smooth. Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped chives.