- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes 1-1/3 cups
This nutty and flavorful garlic and toasted walnut sauce works especially well with grain-based or legume salads.
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped and divided
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Place the walnuts and garlic into a food processor and process until the mixture is finely ground. Transfer the walnut mixture to a bowl and stir in the cilantro, lemon juice, coriander, red pepper, turmeric and fenugreek.
- Slowly add the chicken stock and stir the mixture well to blend. Serve immediately.