- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6
Garlic-Ginger Chicken is a delicious, low-fat dish perfect for any meal. Though light, it is packed with flavor and easy to make. If you have picky kids in the house, cut chicken into thin tenders or nugget-like shapes to please their fast-food nature.
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters or 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped gingerroot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Lightly beat egg with water then Bisquick and garlic powder in separate bowls.
- Dip chicken into both mixtures, egg first, and place on baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Also, spray the tops of the chicken.
- bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Turn and spray again after 20 minutes.
- In a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, heat garlic and gingerroot for 2 minutes, making sure to stir the entire time.
- Toss green onions, sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sherry, and sesame oil in the skillet as well and cook 1 minutes.
- Serve chicken with sauce.