- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This Asian-inspired sauce, made with a sesame oil and rice vinegar base, offers a myriad of flavors which range from intense garlic, aromatic ginger, piquant hot pepper sauce, sweet apricot and citrusy lemon.
- 6 large cloves garlic, halved
- 1-1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Place the garlic, ginger, hot pepper sauce, preserves, honey, lemon peel and sesame oil into a blender and process until the mixture is smooth. Remove from the blender and place in a bowl. Stir in the rice wine vinegar, add a few pinches of salt and mix until well blended.