- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 34 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Ever been to AT&T stadium in downtown San Francisco? They have amazing food but most importantly, legendary garlic fries that are a fan favorite. Don’t skimp on the garlic in this recipe, the more the merrier with these fries.
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 4 Russet potatoes or 12 ounce bag of frozen pre cut fries
- 1/2 cup fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- If using fresh potatoes (preferred), scrub the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch thick strips using a potato cutter or French mandolin.
- In a small sauté pan heat the 2 tablespoons of oil over high heat and fry the garlic for 30 seconds. Remove from pan and mix well with the salt, pepper and thyme. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the vegetable oil until temperature measures 360 degrees with a cooking thermometer. Drop in the fries and cook for 90 seconds, then remove from oil and briefly drain. Place the fries back into the oil for another 1-1/2 minutes and then remove and drain again.
- Place fried in a bowl and toss with the garlic mixture. Serve immediately.