- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 9 min
- Serving: 2 servings
This classic tapa is served alongside stews, soups and saucy dishes in order to soak up all the wonderful flavors.
- 2 slices whole-wheat country bread
- 1 small clove garlic, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small plum tomato, cut in half
- Sea salt & coarsely ground pepper to taste
- Prepare the oven broiler.
- Grill the bread in the oven for about 4 minutes.
- Remove the bread and rub with the cut-side of the garlic, and then with the cut-side of the tomato.
- Drizzle each slice with the olive oil, and then sprinkle with salt and a grind of fresh black pepper.