- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 6-8
Let the succulent aroma of this chicken fill the house for dinner, then use the leftovers to make a delicious lunch or light dinner -- like chicken-stuffed pitas -- the next day.
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) roaster chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and lightly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken under cool water and pat it dry with a paper towel. Using your hands, loosen the skin around the chicken breast. Place the chicken onto the rack of a roaster pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, rosemary, garlic, salt and butter. Mix until thoroughly combined, using your hands, if necessary. Rub the majority of the butter mixture under the chicken skin, on the breast meat. Rub the skin with any remaining mixture.
- Roast for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until cooked through. Let sit for 15 minutes before carving. <br><br> Note: If desired, once all the meat has been removed, use the carcass to make chicken stock.