- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 2-4
You will need a fondue pot for this amazingly decadent garlic and cheese blend. Serve with lightly toasted Italian bread and/or slices of tart green apple.
- 1 cup Riesling white wine
- 1-1/4 cups shredded gruyere
- 1 cup shredded emmentaler cheese
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Sea salt
- Toss the shredded cheese and cornstarch together and then set aside.
- Cut the garlic clove in half and rub the inside of the fondue part with the cut side of the garlic. Place the garlic into a small bowl, sprinkle with some sea salt and mash into a paste.
- Place the wine in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add the cheese mixture and whisk until the cheese has completely melted. Add the garlic paste and nutmeg and continue to whisk until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the fondue pot and serve immediately.