- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes about 1 cup, or enough marinade for 2-1/2 po
Although fresh basil provides a more intense and flavorful marinade, feel free to use 2 teaspoons of dried basil instead if you are in a pinch.
- 2/3 cup dry white wine or white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended.
- Add the protein of your choice to the marinade and then set aside for at least 30 minutes at room temperature. For any period of time over half an hour, cover and place in the refrigerator.