- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A trip to your local farmers market is all you need for this fabulous garden veggie pasta. Serve with a bottle of white Pinot Grigio.
Photo originally appeared on bhg.com
- 4 ounces fusilli
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh red cayenne chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped or 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, cut into julienne strips (1-1/2 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups green beans bias-sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium leeks (8 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (2/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into julienne strips (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- Cook the fusilli according to package directions.
- In the meantime, place the wine and salt into a small bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a wok or a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the carrots, beans, leeks, basil, dill, and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Then add the squash fresh red cayenne chili pepper, cover the pan and cook for an additional 6 minutes.
- Transfer the hot pasta to the pan with the vegetable mixture, add the wine mixture and toss to combine. Serve immediately topped with the cheese.