- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Serves 8-10 People
Garden tomato soup is tomato-based and includes a few other favorite garden veggies. Use croutons or grated cheese to garnish, or serve with crunchy artesian bread.
- 3, 16-ounce cans of peeled, whole tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, cut into cubes
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups of sliced, fresh button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons of salt, to taste
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper
- Using a blender or food processor, puree the tomatoes until they're smooth.
- Add oil to a large pot over medium heat and cook zucchini, mushrooms and onions until they're tender.
- Pour in the tomato puree and stir.
- Season the mixture with salt, bay leaves, thyme, basil and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, remove the bay leaves.
- Garnish with the croutons or cheese.