- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Basic Salsa Recipe Makes 6 servings
Warm and spicy or sadistically hot and fiery, salsa gives a distinctive flavor to your meals. You can purchase one of the hundreds of salsa brands available at supermarkets and specialty shops, or you can concoct your own with your favorite ingredients. Learn how to make salsa with this great garden tomato salsa recipe!
- 4 medium vine ripened tomatoes, cored, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, minced
- 2 jalapeño chilies, stemmed, seeded (if desired), minced
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and gently stir. Chill, covered, until ready to use.