- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
When paired with a bottle of Sangiovese or Rosso Piceno Superiore, this creamy leek, spinach and fresh basil pasta dish becomes sophisticated and entertainment-worthy fair.
- 3/4 pound fusilli
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups packed baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the fusilli according to package directions and drain well.
- In the meantime, place the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the leek, cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, then stir in the spinach and cook for 2 minute more.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the pan, and toss to coat. Add the basil and sprinkle the mixture with a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste; toss once again and then serve immediately.