- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A simple yet delicious Italian-inspired meal that the entire family will enjoy; substitute the fusilli for your favorite pasta if desired.
- 12 ounces Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 hearts of romaine
- 1 pound fusilli
- 1/2 pound grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions making sure to reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- In the meantime, remove and discard the sausage casings and set aside.
- Place the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add the sausage and break into pieces while cooking for 6 minutes.
- Add the romaine and cook for an additional 2 minutes before transferring the sausage mixture into the pot with the pasta.
- Add the cheese and the reserved pasta liquid and toss the entire mixture together until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste, toss once again and then serve immediately.