- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This pasta recipe has all the fresh and robust flavors of Italian cuisine. Enjoy this dish with a Tuscan wine, like Brunello, that compliments the tangy tomato and rich prosciutto.
- 8 ounces fusilli
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and then transfer back into the pan.
- In the meantime, place the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, and sauté the onions, garlic and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth with the flour and stir until combined. Add the broth mixture to the mushroom mixture and cook for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, prosciutto, basil and oregano and cook until heated through. Pour the tomato sauce over the pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve the pasta sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.