- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
Funnel Cakes evoke memories of State Fairs and summertime.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- confectioner's sugar
- Mix egg and milk in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt and add to egg mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Heat oil to 375-425 degrees F. Put batter into a funnel, placing an index finger or thumb over the opening. Swirl the batter in a spiral into the hot oil. After about 2 minutes, turn the funnel cake over and fry until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels or brown paper. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.