- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes 36 brownies
October 28 is National Chocolate Day. Celebrate in decadent style with this divine recipe for fudgy chocolate brownies, featuring ooey gooey chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. Not that you need an excuse to eat chocolate!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 cups dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1, 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, eggs, milk, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in nuts, if desired, and pour batter into pan.
- Bake brownies for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. About 5 minutes before brownies are done, combine chocolate chips, condensed milk, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla in a small saucepan. Cook, until melted, stirring to combine.
- Spread melted chocolate over warm brownies and let cool. Place in refrigerator until chilled, then cut into 36 bars.