- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 8
Fudgy Banana Muffins combine the best flavors in a tender muffin.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars, 1.55 ounces each
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine bananas, milk, egg, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups one third full. Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; Place 2 pieces in each muffin cup. Top with remaining batter. Chop remaining candy bar pieces; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.