- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
If you’re looking to satisfy your chocolate craving with some mouth-watering brownies, these chocolate squares from heaven are just for you!
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons instant-espresso powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray and lightly flour a 13-by-9-inch baking pan. You can also use butter in place of cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate with the espresso powder, whisking with a wire whisk until it reaches a smooth consistency. Remove from heat and put aside.
- When chocolate mixture reaches lukewarm temperature, whisk in the sugar and vanilla, followed by 1 egg at a time. Mixture should become smooth and have a glossy finish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon and salt, then add to chocolate mixture and whisk well.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake on the rack in the middle of the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with crumbs attached, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let brownies cool completely before serving.