- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
Fruity Pasta Salad combines a medley of summer fruit with fresh sugar snap peas, campanelle pasta and crunchy honey-roasted cashews. Top with homemade or store-bought poppyseed salad dressing.
- 1 1-pound package campanelle (bellflower) pasta
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap or snow pea pods, trimmed (2-1/2 cups)
- 3 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 1 cup poppyseed dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered lengthwise
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted cashews
- Cook the pasta ‘al dente’ according to package directions but add the sugar snap peas to the pot during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain the mixture, rinse with cold water and then drain once more; place into a large bowl.
- In the meantime, place the poppyseed dressing and the orange peel into a bowl, and stir vigorously to combine.
- Add the melon, strawberries and cashews to the bowl, drizzle with the dressing and then gently toss the mixture to combine. Serve immediately.