- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Total: 29 min
- Serving: 6
Any dried fruit works well in this festive-looking recipe, which will stuff one turkey loosely.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed whole-wheat bread
- 3-3/4 cups cubed white bread
- 1 pound ground turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 apple, cored and chopped (Golden Delicious works well)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cooked turkey liver, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup turkey stock
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until evenly browned, then place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large fry pan, cook the sausage and onions over medium heat until browned. Add the celery, sage, rosemary and thyme and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sausage mixture over the bread. Add the apples, dried cranberries, parsley and liver. Drizzle with turkey stock and the melted butter. Mix lightly. Spoon into the turkey to fill.