- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 72 hr
- Total: 72 hr 15 min
- Serving: 3-4 servings
Homemade fruit leather is always an exciting and delicious snack that kids can help make! Just make sure the forecast is sunny!
- 1 1/2 cups fruit, pureed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Bring the ingredients to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Continue heating until thick like molasses.
- Line a cookie sheet with plastic wrap, taping at the edges. Pour the fruit mixture in, allowing it to spread to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place in the sun for 2-3 days, or until no longer tacky.
- If the forecast is rainy, you can line a cookie sheet with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray. Pour the fruit mixture in and bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the door shut for at least 8 hours.
- Tear into strips, keep refrigerated.