- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Total: 3 hr 25 min
- Serving: 12
Fruit Pecan Fruitcake is studded with candied fruit and lots of nuts.
- 1-3/4 cups cake flour
- 3/4 pound candied cherries
- 1/2 pound candied citron, chopped
- 1/2 pound candied pineapple, chopped
- 4 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon each baking powder, soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- Combine half the flour with fruits and pecans, tossing to coat well.
- Cream next 3 ingredients together in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix baking powder and soda with remaining flour. Stir into creamed mixture, blending well. Add flavorings, mixing well. Fold in fruits and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and lined 10-inch tube pan. Place cake in cold oven. Bake at 250 degrees F for 3 hours.